Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday & Weekly WW Update


I'll admit it - I am not all that great at updating my blog here. I figured I would do a 2 in 1 and get my menu plan listed as well as review my first week on Weight Watchers!

My menu plan is linked up with Menu Plan Monday over at at the Organizing Junkie's blog!

Sunday - We had mini pizzas ! I took Alternative pitas, popped them under the broiler for a couple of minutes with a spray of Pam and granulated garlic, then topped them with pizza sauce, fat free mozzarella cheese, olives, veggies, and mini turkey pepperoni! They were quite good, kid approved, and only 4.5 WW points each!

Monday - Quick dinner as I am busy busy today! Boca Chick'n patty in a flatout wrap with light mayo and pickles. Side of baby carrots.

Tuesday - Mini turkey meatloaves, baked potatoes, green beans, green salad

Wednesday - Mom's house for dinner

Thursday - Thai grilled chicken, broccoli, and bulgar pilaf

Friday - Pizza roll up burritos and spicy oven fries

Saturday - Mom's birthday! Not sure what she is going to have - maybe Chinese? Mexican? I will just have to be extra careful!

So on to my first week of Weight Watchers.

Things went well. I felt like I was eating too much. I had trouble getting in all my points. At mid-week I was CERTAIN I had gained a couple of pounds. I wanted to trust in the process so I kept at it. I ended up losing 5.4 pounds! Woohoo! The best loss I've had in many, many months!

I exercised 5 days. I rode my recumbent bike, did Zoga, went for a walk, did strengthening exercises with dumbbells and a toning cord, and went to the beach and water jogged, treaded water, swam, and did other exercises in the water for two hours.

New foods tried: WW 1 point bars in Red Velvet Cake - um, YUMMY! Unfortunately they are discontinuing them. Boo! WW 2 pt pretzel chips in garlic and herb - they are just OK. Flatout Wraps - multigrain, 2 points - again, YUM! Loved them!

Favorite breakfast: 1 cup Simply Potatoes, 2 turkey sausage links, 1/4 cup SW Eggbeaters, and a couple tablespoons ff cheddar. Top w/ some hot sauce for a yummy, filling 7-pt breakfast! (You can cut back to 1/2 cup potatoes for 1.5 less points)

NSV - (non scale victory) The shorts I bought in the spring which were a little snug can now be pulled down without being unzipped!

I've lost 3.5 inches off my waist, 3.5 inches off my hips, 1.5 off each thigh, 1 off each arm, and 1.5 off my chest since June 20th! Woot!

Have a great week!

Sherry

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great with the weight loss, way to go :)

    Your menu sounds yummy, as always :)

    ReplyDelete