Sunday, November 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

So we did a whole lot of shopping last week, stocking up with the Kroger sale and our monthly trip to Sam's Club. This week I am just going to get a few things from Aldi and we'll be set!

Tonight I am making a really simple beef and gravy in the Crock pot and will serve it over mashed potatoes (noodles for the 2 of us who don't like mashed) with a side of steamed broccoli and a green salad.

For Monday night, it's jambalaya. Just from a lower-sodium mix - adding onion, green pepper, shrimp, turkey sausage, and chicken. Side of steamed veggies. Kids will be eating chicken nuggets and fries. (Can't please them all. LOL)

Tuesday is my long work day, so I need another Crock recipe. So I headed on over to a Year of Slow Cooking blog and searched under chicken. There I found 69 recipes. The one I chose for this week is Chicken Adobo. It looks amazing! It also looks like something my girls will eat, lol.

Wednesday I have off from work. I thought I'd make a family favorite, Rachel Ray's Taco Pasta Toss.

Thursday we spend at my parent's house for dinner.

Friday I'm going to try a new recipe, Chicken and Potato casserole. I'll serve it with a side of mixed corn, peppers, and asparagus (frozen veggies)

Saturday we'll spend with my parents again!

Have a very blessed week everyone,

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment