Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank You


This has been a big year of changes in my life.  Not all of them were especially positive, but I have faith that God has a plan for each shift.  I lean on Him, knowing that His ways are the only ways for me :)

I moved twice last year.  I am very happy and content in my current home.  It suits us just perfectly.  Not too big, not too small.  Just enough.


"Enough" has become my mantra over the past few months.  Every time I have looked at something and wanted to buy it, I have to tell myself that I already have "enough", and to be thankful for all that I have.  As long as I have enough to pay my rent, utilities, have gas in the car, and food in my kitchen - then I am above blessed.  




My hours have been cut at work recently, and I know that Christmas morning my family won't see as many presents under the tree as they did the past few years.  But for each gift that is left on the store shelf, I plan to exchange with a few traditions.  Baking together.  Making Christmas ornaments.  Reading aloud of "A Christmas Carol". 


The special man in my life (Mr. Military) is in Afghanistan right now, and will be for the next year.  Knowing that technology enables me to hear from him more frequently than women did in the past who were privy to only letters also makes me thankful.  Knowing that he is thinking of me and that I can give him any source of comfort in his current situation, makes me humble.


My children are all remarkable human beings.  Jennah has a brilliant mind and a compassionate heart.  Jacob is full of humor and mischief, yet finds simple ways to show me his love.  Emily is steadfast and true, dependable and gentle. 


My family is crazy and dysfunctional (in the best way!) but loyal and loving.  When it comes down to it, there is nothing we would not do for one another.  I'm proud to be a part of it.


My friends are hard-working, respectful, dependable confidants.  They bring me laughter, love, and a further sense of stability in life. 


I have no place in my life to complain, not even for one bitter, thoughtless moment.  I am blessed beyond measure and God has seen fit to give me this life.


Psalm 136:1  1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment