Saturday, December 31, 2011

12 for '12 - Life Challenges

So many people dislike the term "resolutions" - I suppose because it is difficult to find the "stick-to-it-tiv-ness" to follow thru.  I've decided to give myself some life challenges instead.  Seeing as the "12 for 12" mantra is all over the Internet, I've decided that it's a good enough number for me as well!

12 - Get back to blogging regularly!!  I think my problem is that I dont' know where I fit in.  I homeschool.  I am Christian.  I love to cook.  I'm a mom.  I love to read.  I love to write.  I LOVE fashion.  I am single and dating.  I am plus-sized.  I try to be a couponer & frugal.  So it just feels so unfocused and tangential and all over the place - so I wonder, where would I fit in?  But I decided just to blog what I want, how I want - and hopefully someone will get something out of it!!

11 - I really want to get my FLYLADY group up and running again.  My friends (these a-ma-zing women) who I really admire and I used to meet several times a year and keep in touch daily via FB or Yahoo group.  We still talk but it's not the same FlyLady support as it used to be.  No better time of year.   This "life challenge" also includes FOLLOWING FlyLady - getting organized, menu planning, etc.

10 - Eat more healthfully (more veggies, less crap) Drink less pop, much less fast food

09- Move more!

08- Do something NEW!  Join a book club, take a class - do something to become more sociable.

07- Become better at my job.  I learn new things all the time - now I want to be more organized with paperwork, more meticulous, more professional, etc.

06- Read a minimum of 52 books this year.  To some of you that sounds like nothing!  But for me it is a good challenge number, seeing as I read 40-some books last year & felt like I didn't read very much.

05- Get to know more people from my church.  1700+ members and I know a handful by name.  I'm very shy to say the least, but getting into church activities & small groups should mend this!

04- Make Jennah (my oldest) feel special (she is the best 15 year old ever - & due to her perfect grades and sweet countenance, she gets overlooked somewhat as my attention is demanded by the other two)

03- Make homeschooling more fun for Em (she is doing an online accredited homeschool program now & while she is doing well, she's definitely not excited about it - so this is something I need to work on for the rest of the year)

02- Become more involved in Bible Studies (*see #1)

01-  I've been doing the Beth Moore Bible study on the book of James.  It has been so remarkably incredible and not only have I been touched by the teachings, but by the people in my study group as well.   I haven't been as active in the group as I should have been - but their support through the study has been amazing.  One of the biggest themes in the book of James is that of WORKS.  Faith without works is useless.  2012 will be a year of WORKS. 

I'm sure I forgot something important! :)  I always do..... 

Happy New Year!

Sherry

1 comment:

  1. 12 - you have some great topics here and narrowing it down will definitely help with your motivation. Also try developing a list of advance topics based on each month to help you focus even more and get you back on topic when you are at a loss for what to post. This can be done in about 15-20 minutes in point form.

    11 - I think we all try to Flylady again with each new year -- good luck!

    06 - I will be completely envious of your 52 books, I'm such a slow reader. I'll be lucky to get 12 in.

    Have a lovely year!

    ReplyDelete