Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 - Off to a Glamorous Start

Happy New Year all!  There is something about a new year, a clean slate, a veritable open book filled with empty pages waiting to be written in.  Maybe for some it is just another day with no overt meaning, but there are some, like me, people who get a thrill out of making lists, planning ahead, filling in calendars....well, it's enough to make a girl giddy with anticipation! 

I've got my 2nd load of laundry going (I like to start the new year off as glamorously as possible!), hooked up speakers to my computer so I can listen to my favorites on Spotify - currently listening to "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey, my all-time favorite band!  What is not to love about Steve Perry? The plan is to tackle my bedroom today.  Get things more organized in here.  This room is also my home office, and seeing as I work from home, there is a lot of equipment in here! 

Money is going to be a bit tight at least for the next few months - so I need to really work my wardrobe to find new and exciting things.  I have a great penchant for black clothing - probably 75% of all my clothing is black :/    I also have about 6 or 7 skirts and a handful of dresses that I rarely ever wear.  So I want to take some chances.  There are so many fashion and "fatshion" bloggers that I just adore and I've read their blogs all through last year without delurking or trying many of the suggestions they brilliantly come up with.  That is something I want to change this year! 

Again - where money is concerned - I am a big thrifter - love to find really individual pieces and integrate them into my style.  I'll definitely be doing more of that.  DO YOU KNOW I actually let a genuine LOUIS VUITTON handbag go at a thrift store because of a broken zipper?  I'm still kicking myself over that one. 

I'm also starting off the new year with a new man :)   Through texts and calls from his work to my home last night, we agreed to "date exclusively"....   Very excited about the possibilities of this charismatic Christian charmer!

BRING IT ON 2012!!!!  I AM READY!!

Sherry

3 comments:

  1. happy 2012 my dear, hope it will bring lots of joy!!!

    Love, Ylenia | Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what clothing combinations you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete