Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bifocals....Seriously?

It seems I have a very good prospect for a job.  I feel full of hope as if this is the interview which will lead to the job God has in mind for me! 

As for this morning, it was so chilly I actually donned a sweater and turned on the heat in the car to drive Jennah and Jacob to school!  Jennah looked so cute in her favorite knit beret and two-tone gray-striped, button-up cardigan!  Some fingerless gloves too  

Jacob is having yet more football troubles.  After practice he is so tired he is falling asleep while doing his homework and not getting it done.  He has a few English papers that we will have to do together in order to turn them in late.  He is the most difficult of my three to help with homework.  (or to teach anything for that matter)  He has a very short attention span, but thankfully up until now his intelligence has gotten him through with good grades.  Now that he is in highschool, he has to actually study and do homework!!  So we are working on a new schedule and place for homework to be done - one that is NOT easy to fall asleep at!

My homeschooled girlie is sick today.  She got me up about 445 this morning with stomach pain on the left side.  I gave her some Pepto which soothed her somewhat and she is finally back to sleep here in the living room. 

I have a breakfast concoction in the oven ("crust" of hashbrowns topped with breakfast sausage, spinach, eggs, and cheese)  I think it will be quite tasty for a late breakfast with some yogurt & fruit. 

I am supposed to go and pick up my new glasses today.  BIFOCALS.  OMgoodness.  But I do so much reading and computer work that they are needed.  And I will use them and appreciate them!  But I will still feel old :/


I have some errands to run today as well, depending on how Emily feels.  We may have a shortened school day if she still has a stomach ache.  I'm sure it will get her out of some math at the very least!  LOL 

I found a recipe for homemade Carpet Fresh online  using baking soda and herbs.  Lots of different ways - some use 1/2 baking soda, 1/2 borax + herbs & spices.  I made mine with baking soda, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.  Costs about 50 cents to do the whole place!  25 cents if I can catch a really good sale on baking soda!  One way I want to try is to use ground up lavender.  Also you can use essential oils (it says to leave it mixed overnight before using it so the powder absorbs all the oil)

I have a load of towels in the dryer and I just love folding them and putting them away.  Fresh smelling and warm. 

Have a blessed day and remember to enjoy the little things.

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment