Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Typical Tuesday

You would think that a woman who is diligently looking for a full-time job would have a lot of time on her hands.  Not so!  My days are full and I wonder how I will ever fit it all in once God places me in the job He wants me to have!

Today is Tuesday and it started just like most days do - up at 6:45 to take Jennah and Jacob to their respective schools!  Jennah is in 11th grade now and she is involved in the Spanish club, a book club, and another school club I forget at the moment!  LOL  She is fully focused on her studies and I couldn't be more proud of her! 


Jacob is all about football.  Every year in late summer and fall he is at practice 5-6 days per week and has a game every Thursday evening.  His asthma has really been giving him problems this year.  He had pneumonia when he was 8 which weakened his respiratory system and he has had minor asthma since.  For some reason this year it has worsened and he has to use his inhaler daily before practice. He is in 9th grade this year, and out of my 3 kids, he is the one most concerned with name brand shoes and shirts, the "RIGHT" way to wear a baseball cap, and pretty much having the need to just blend in.



Emme started 7th grade this month - but she is my homeschooled kid!  This year has started off SO well.  7th grade is a lot more work than any other year we've done.  Biology, world history, math, French, nature study, grammar, literature, election study, president study, religion, phys ed, Shakespeare, art, and more, more!  I'm more involved this year - even though she is able to work independently in many subjects, we are working on note-taking, outlining, etc in several subjects so I am helping her get the feel for it. We also have homeschool group and just started a girl's middle school book club! This is a typical Em photo:


I got back home at about 7:50, put a load of laundry in the washer, and unloaded, reloaded and started the dishwasher.  (I've been under the weather the past few days and got a little behind!) 

Popped in a CSI DVD and have been doing little odds and ends.

Emily and I will be going to Walmart today to replace our broken printer.  I have needed a printer so many times since school started!  Then going to Kroger to finish up our 2-week grocery shop.  Then I am going to see about getting my cable turned back on.  Thought we could live without it - but it's just not happening!

Emily and I will do school work through the afternoon and I will do housework while she is doing independent work. 


The weather has cooled to where it is perfect open-window temperature.  But thanks to the little guy below (Jasper) I need to reinforce the screens this afternoon.  He has a bad habit of pushing the screens out and going out on the town!  Thank God he has always come back to us! 


Dinner tonight is going to be chicken fajitas with blue corn chips and fresh guacamole. 

We are supposed to go to a Lia Sophia party tonight, but I am not sure if I am up to it.  I've been in bed most of the past 2 days - cough, headache-y, and an on & off again fever.  If I can make it through all my plans today and still feel alright, then I will be spending time looking at jewelry!

Have a blessed day!

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment