Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thoughts for Tuesday

Weather-wise this is my favorite time of the year.  The sky is such a saturated blue with fluffy white clouds, most of the trees are still green with a teasing of brilliant red and orange.  The morning glories are full and abundant, growing over hurricane fences, up drain spouts and rose trellises.  Potted mums are popping up on front porches next to early pumpkins, bales of hay and scarecrows. 

Credit      
I pulled out my winter clothes today.  My favorite denim jacket, black cardigan sweater, flannel nightgown, and soft, warm loose-knit fair isle sweater.  I folded up all my summer clothing yesterday in preparation to be boxed up and stored for the next 6-7 months. 

The plan for tonight was chicken stir fry, but I think I might change it up and do this super simple chicken and dumplings made with biscuits.  The cool air coupled with my need of comfort food makes this a great choice!  LOL

Emily and I have a heavy school load for today.  Biology, world history, grammar, literature with Little Women and Pride and Prejudice, math, Shakespeare, Bible, current events, president study, etc. 

I'm stopping by a friend's house to help her with a quick task, doing laundry, and have to stop and get some dishwasher detergent, toilet paper, and garbage bags. 

Tonight I'll be watching some episodes from Criminal Minds season 2!  My current addiction. 

That's about it for today.  Life is going to be turned upside down in the next week, so these last quiet days at home are really ones I'm cherishing!

My Scripture for the day:  Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment