Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Moving ahead

So my pity party is officially OVER. I woke up this morning determined and focused! Yay me!

I got up and made breakfast -

Thomas' bagel thin in everything flavor (LOVE)
1 large egg, 3 strips turkey bacon
1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup cherries, 1/2 cup seedless black grapes - yummy!

Worked my way through the Internet, updated my weight loss journal (I have a few - I have a book I keep notes in and a motivational binder and other stuff - I'll share someday!) and then went downstairs for a workout!

I did about 10 minutes of stretching, did squats and lunges 10 minutes of abs, then 40 minutes on the recumbent bike! That is my new record. I did 9.2 miles. Yay me! I've only been using it about 2-ish weeks. I started at 2 miles. I love being able to build up so quickly! After that I used a 32.6 lb barbell and did curls and I'm not sure what the other stuff is called. Then some not even girl pushups (my upper body is laughably not strong - so I use the air hockey table and do pushups off that) and finally used my resistance bands for more upper body work. I was downstairs about 90 minutes! For me that is simply incredible. I feel awesome!

Lunch was a big salad topped w/ protein.

2 cups of "very veggie" Dole salad mix
1 cup English cucumber
3 oz Tyson grilled chicken
1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
2 tbs reduced fat italian parmesan dressing
and 1 large banana

I'm not quite ready to divulge my weight here on this blog - but hopefully at some point I will. I'm not sure who I'm hiding from - as everyone who knows me obviously can see how much I weigh! All in good time, all in good time.

Anyway -- I use Spark People (can't say enough good things about it!) and they set my calorie range really really high - like 2250 average? I just try to stick to around 1800 at the moment. I am joining Weight Watchers on Friday and will go with their points system - which if I read right will give me 38 points? Not sure if that is the old system or new. I'll update. (If you go to WW, you now know how heavy I am. ha!)

Dinner was at Mom's. Had tortilla encrusted tilapia with wild rice, corn on the cob and salad. Yum. Sis and I went for a walk after dinner and then I had Skinny Cow strawberry cheesecake icecream. Oh. My. Goodness. That stuff is the best! 150 calories of yummy-liciousness!

All in all a good day.

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment