Sunday, September 11, 2011

Women in the Word Wednesday




.................why are you fearful? - Jesus


I've been really fearful lately. I've been saturating my thoughts and actions with the rapidly spinning whirlwind of my emotions. I worry about my finances. I worry about how my children are growing up. I worry that the man in my life doesn't truly love me. I worry that my health may fail. I worry about my parents. I worry about not knowing. I worry that I worry too much. I worry that I will have a breakdown.

But I am a strong woman. I sometimes forget that. I am strong because my foundation is the Lord. He is my strength, my help, my calm in any storm. He is what holds me up when I am falling apart. If God is for me, who can be against me? What can I NOT get past?








I just started reading Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind".


I am a big fan of Joyce's. She tells it like it is. She doesn't sugar-coat what needs to be done. And I really like that a lot.

I am also re-reading the book of John. It seems to be the absolute best place to start reading the Bible. After that I am going to re-read the book of Acts. My church is in the middle of a big move. They purchased a building, but before they can move in, they are currently utilizing the local high school. Reading Acts, seeing how the first churches were "built" - well, it just feels timely!


I feel a little lost right now - but I know where to look in order to find my way again. The Lord is steadfast and will never let me down. He is always good.

There is nothing worse than not knowing (i.e. feeling insecure or unstable) to get my emotions to defeat me. I feel like I"m currently in a battle with my emotions. They are trying to overrun me.


I put far too much weight on certain areas of my life. I let them rule over every other area. There is so much goodness and beauty in my life - and I am greatful for everything. I truly am. But I have GOT to defeat this negativity that is trying to ruin me!

One thing I heard today on a Joyce Meyer CD really made me think. I am paraphrasing: It's not what you do when you are at church that shows what type of Christian you are - but what you do when you are all alone. She said to tell yourself 20 times a day: God is right here with me! He sees what I am doing right now! I put something away in the wrong spot at the grocery store today because I was too lazy to walk back to the right place. I looked around to make sure no one was watching before I slid it on the shelf. But you know what? God was watching. HE knew what I did.

Sorry I am rambling. I have so much going on in this battlefield I call my mind.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment