Sunday, September 18, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Getting Organized!

Autumn is my favorite time of the year.  I always feel encouraged to get organized and bring out my control journal and start menu planning again.  This year I want to keep those good intentions going and carry them through into the new year!  I am linking this post with Laura at Menu Plan Monday at the Org Junkie blog!

SUNDAY:  Today I am going to make a pot of soup.  There is a chill in the air that none of us can deny and it always makes me crave soup! 



The soup is for lunch today and leftovers will serve for lunch several days this week. 

Dinner tonight will be Rachel Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac and roasted vegetables

MONDAY:   I'm making one of my absolute favorite meals (very tasty and cheap!)  Lentils and brown rice topped with salad

(It looks a little something like this - trust me it is really delicious with the salad on top!)
TUESDAYHaluski with Polish Sausage  ( I do NOT use all the butter in the recipe!  I use hardly any at all and it is still delicious)
WEDNESDAY:  My boy has a football game so it is a perfect day to use the Crockpot!  One of my very favorites is turkey ham, potatoes, corn, and mushroom soup.  Yum!  Green salad on the side.
FRIDAY:  Kid's night!  Turkey burgers, baked french fries, raw broccoli and carrots
THURSDAY/SATURDAY: We have dinner with my parents :) 

Breakfasts this week will be either oatmeal with fruit or  yogurt and fruit.  One morning I will make breakfast burritos and since I have a lot of bread getting stale soon, french toast!!!

Lunches will consist mostly of leftovers.  On Saturday I do plan to make some toasted subs with the kids!

Have a wonderfully blessed week!  Take time to really appreciate your family and friends.  Notice all the blessings in your life and give thanks! 



Sherry aka The Blonde Muse :)





No comments:

Post a Comment