Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything




Bright sunny day here in the Detroit area!!  I know you can't see it, but this tree has buds all over it! 

Work has been a bit crazy this past week so I missed out on Happy Homemaker Monday and Menu Plan Monday :(   

I'm working with a very tight budget (again) this week so I came up with a more financially sound and (hopefully) healthier meal plan idea.  It's definitely not new, but it's one I haven't done before. 

MENU PLANNING

Mondays will be chicken or ground turkey
Tuesdays will be beans
Wednesday we eat at my parents'
Thursday will be whole grain pasta/veggies/meatless night
Friday is kids choice
Saturday is parents' again
Sunday is soup night

Protein will be coming from other sources than meat, mostly.  Kids' night is generally turkey burgers, turkey dogs, tacos,  homemade pizza, etc.

Breakfasts will be oatmeal w/ peanut butter & banana,  yogurt fruit & whole grain toast, breakfast hash (egg/turkey sausage/potatoes) or breakfast cups (eggs, toast, turkey bacon/sausage/ham in muffin tin)

Lunches will be leftovers, lentils and rice topped with salad (love this) grilled cheese for the kidlets, soup, or pretty much anything I can concoct from what we have on hand!! 

Snacks are microwave popcorn (6-pack of light & active at Aldi for 1.49) fruit, raw veggies, pretzels, boiled eggs

READING

I am almost done with the 3rd book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, "Voyager".  If you like historical fiction, I cannot urge you enough to read these!!!  (*warning - there are some sexually explicit parts in the book - but they are between husband and wife) 

Not sure what I will read next as there are SO many wonderful books waiting for me on my Nook!!
FASHION

I read SO many fashion blogs!  I follow a bunch of plus-sized fashion blogs and just LOVE them so much!  As for my own "fashion......"  I have bunches of clothes hanging in my closet that I love but haven't had the courage to wear.  A lot of them are long skirts, a couple dresses, and a bunch of tops.  I also have a lot of things I could wear differently, but always wear things the same ol' way.  So this is something I'm going to work on as well!

I think that will about do it for the day.  There is always so much in my head that I want to say and then I sit here and can't think of a thing.  Bah!

Have a blessed day!

Sherry





No comments:

Post a Comment