Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Book Reviews

Last weekend I went with my parents and my youngest daughter to Atlanta to visit my sister and my nephew.  I had a lot of time to read on that LONG car ride (12 hours) and finished up 2 books.

The first was “Summer of the Midnight Sun” by Christian author, Tracie Peterson. 

51EtzRATGDL

Obviously, the book is set in Alaska.  A brother and sister run a trading post in a small town.  There is a lost love, a mystery, an accident, a police investigation, and a cliffhanger. 

I really enjoyed this book and have already ordered the second in the series.  It didn’t blow me away, but it was entertaining, enjoyable, and kept my attention.  On a scale of 0-10, I’d rate it a 8. 

The second book that I read, a gift I received for my 40th b-day from my sister (who is in her 20’s, darn it) was “Saving CeeCee Honeycutt” by Beth Hoffman. 

saving

I was drawn in by the writing immediately.  I sat down to read the back cover and ended up reading the entire first chapter.

CeeCee Honeycutt is a young girl living with a mom who suffers from psychosis.  Circumstances bring her to live with her great aunt in Savannah where she meets many colorful characters and finds a whole new life.

This was a very good read.  I’d give it a 9 on a scale of 0-10. 

That’s what I read last week, what did you read?

 

Mrs. H

No comments:

Post a Comment