Friday, May 7, 2010

Changes Ahead with my Menus

Cooking for my family is one of my favorite things to do.  I take time to menu plan, make out my grocery list, match up my coupons, shop, prepare, plate, and serve meals.  Lately those meals have not been so healthful.  We do have lots of veggies and salads and very little red meat – however, our portion sizes are way too big and we eat too much starchy foods (rice, pasta), etc.

I am a member at Spark People (which I LOVE) and I decided to base my daily menu and our family dinners on the Spark-suggested menus.  It uses your calorie range and gives you a very balanced diet. 

fithealthy

Tonight I had a small piece of chicken I baked in the oven with McCormick Grinders Italian Blend (rosemary, parsley and black peppercorn, with hearty pieces of garlic, onion and tomato) and a mixture of whole wheat pasta w/ 1/2 cup white beans, tomatoes, garlic, and spinach topped with parmesan cheese.  I had a green salad, and a side of broccoli and cauliflower.  It was good!  And the chicken got rave reviews.  I got the spice for 15 cents after sale and coupon!

italian%20herb%20seasoning%20grinder

 

And when I was looking for that picture, I found on the website some great recipes!

Meals Under 30 Minutes

Recipe Finder – Put in your meat and one other ingredient and see what pops up!

So my point is – look for healthier, fresher, yummier recipes to come!

Sherry

1 comment:

  1. yeah! I'm all for healthier meals! I tend to go in streaks. For a long time we avoided the rice and pasta and were doing really good but lately they have been sneaking their way in more regularly. Grr. I do the same thing, I plan my meals around what's on sale and match coupons like crazy!

    ReplyDelete