Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

I just finished watching the Rachael Ray show, (I just adore her by the way and always have!) and she made some yummy-looking fish tacos.  I think that is what I’ll be having for dinner over at my parents’ house tonight – except ours won’t be fried, they will be a little more health conscious!

I wonder how many people know why we celebrate Cinco de Mayo?  No, it’s not for the margaritas. 

may5

“Cinco de Mayo commemorates the victory of the Mexican people over the French army at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.”

It’s also known as Mexican Independence Day – similar to our 4th of July. 

Here are some healthy recipes from the Whole Foods blog:  Inspired Recipes

One that I thought looked super yummy is the

Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad

I’ll definitely be trying this!

What are you eating for Cinco de Mayo?

Mrs. H

No comments:

Post a Comment