I am posting this recipe for Taste and Tell’s Saturdays with Rachael Ray meme!
I am basing this recipe on Rachael Ray’s Tilapia in coucous, except:
1. I am cooking them separately
2. I am using bulgur in place of coucous
Other than that, it has all the same flavors!
Here is the original recipe:
Tilapia Baked in Couscous
- One 10-ounce box couscous
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Four 8-ounce tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Substitute any thin, delicate white fish, such as red snapper or sole, for the tilapia.
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes and cumin and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the 1/4 cup olive oil and the lemon juice.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover the fish with the couscous mixture and arrange the lemon slices on top. Pour 2½ cups water around the fish, cover with foil and bake until tender, about 25 minutes. Top with the parsley.
And here are my pics:
Tilapia ready to go in the oven
My dinner plate:
It was really good! The fish was tender and flaky and full of flavor. I’ll definitely be making this again!