Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturdays with Rachael Ray

It’s my very first time participating in Saturdays with Rachael Ray at Taste and Tell !  I came upon this meme last week and knew right away I wanted to join in!

I knew this meme was out and I wanted to cook a RR recipe but seeing as I normally go to my parents’ house for dinner on Saturday – I had nothing planned for today!  I had just posted how I want to be all healthy and eat less pasta – but since I didn’t plan a meal for today – I had to go with what I have in the pantry and freezer --- chicken and egg noodles. 

I Googled“Racheal Ray recipe chicken egg noodles” and found this:

Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole

Ingredients

May 8th, 2010 003

  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables  ( I had frozen peas, corn, and spinach)
  • 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 2 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • And I get to use my Rachael Ray bubble and brown bakeware!  Woot!

    May 8th, 2010 004

    Directions:
    1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the soup, milk, vegetables, chicken, noodles, Parmesan cheese and black pepper in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.

    2. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the chicken mixture. Top with the cheese. Let stand until the cheese is melted.

    I added a little garlic salt and some paprika on top too. 

    Just out of the oven:

    May 8th, 2010 008

    And here is my plate:

    May 8th, 2010 009

     

    I have to say that it was pretty darn good.  I’m not crazy about spinach, but it’s good for me so I put it in there to counteract the cheese!  LOL  My SO had two very large helpings and said it was delicious!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Please leave me a comment!  It gets so lonely!

    Sherry

    3 comments:

    1. I've never heard of Saturday RR but I'll check it out. I get her e-newsletter and she has a lot of fantastic tips and recipes. Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I don't think it would be possible for me to give up pasta - we eat it way too often! This looks great! Thanks for playing along with Saturdays with Rachael Ray!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I agree with Deborah...I could NOT give up pasta! The dish looks great. Very Rachael Ray all done up in the bubble and brown too :)

      ReplyDelete