Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday



A very late entry - but we all have those days!!!  I am joining again this week at Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday!

The weather:::  We finally had some snow, but it is going to warm up into the 40's for a couple of days.  Bah.


On my reading pile::: I am about 1/4 of the way through the 2nd Outlander book, "Dragonfly in Amber" - didn't get a whole lot of reading done this week!



On my TV:::
Watched "Poltergeist II" and "Children of the Corn" last night, lol.  Tonight I started the series "A Dinner of Herbs" on Netflix, it is a Catherine Cookson miniseries.

On the menu for this week:::
You can see my entire menu plan HERE.  Tonight we had garlic cheddar pull-apart bread and stuffed shells.  It was super yummy!.

On my to do list:::  Sweeping and mopping floors tomorrow, along with vacuuming, laundry, etc! 


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::: (I AM CHANGING THIS ONE TO HOMESCHOOL HAPPENINGS SINCE I AM NOT CRAFTY TOO OFTEN!!)   I downloaded Kindle for PC on my laptop to get some free classics for Emily to read.  (They were not available for free on my Nook)  She is going to start with "Alice in Wonderland".  We are also starting French lessons this week, at her request!


Looking around the house:::    I see our beloved cat Jasper hopping down off the windowsill, an oil lamp on my bedside table, and a disconcerting amount of paperwork  :( 


From the camera:::   I borrowed my sister's camera - so next week I will have a pic to share!

On my prayer list:::  Family, friends, church-members, military


Bible verse, Devotional::: Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God.  

2 comments:

  1. I love that you changed the one question to "Homeschool Happenings" haha b/c I am not crafty either I changed mine to "What I am creating" :)
    You asked me about a beef barley recipe--Ah thats what I love about soup- you don't need a recipe! But here's what I do: simmer some meat (sometimes I use groud beef)in water w/ a few bouillon cubes & bay leaves & S&P to get a broth. then i add: peas, corn, potatoes, green beans, carrots, canned diced tomatoes- bring to a simmer add quick cooking barley. simmer for like 5-10 minutes, add more seasonings to taste===DONE! :) Sorry that I don't have an exact recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on changing the question....matter of fact I've been thinking of editing it to cover broader subjects for those that don't usually create :)

    I enjoyed A Dinner of Herbs :)

    Have a great week sweet friend,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete