Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekly Menu Plan




I didn't stick exactly to my menu plan last week - seems things always pop up at the last minute!  But I am not giving up on menu-planning!  It has saved my sanity plenty of times.

I am linking up to Menu Plan Monday!

Another very tight week in our household.  Please don't get me wrong, we are so blessed, just having a lean moment!  I'm using up absolutely everything we have in our cupboards and freezer this week!!  Next time I grocery shop I want to load up on some healthier items, as I can see we are pretty carb-laden.  I try and have at least one or two veggies with each meal. 

MONDAY:  Stuffed shells with cheesy-garlic pull-apart bread  (We just had this and it was SO good!  I made my own sauce out of what we had in the cupboards and it was quite good! Also, we used very inexpensive biscuits from Aldi, cheddar cheese I had left from tacos, garlic powder, and margarine - and it was still amazing!)  Seasoned broccoli.



TUESDAY:  Beef lo-mein with onion, garlic, carrots, broccoli, celery (made with Ramen noodles without the seasoning packet)

WEDNESDAY:  Kids and I have dinner with my parents and sisters

THURSDAY: Creamy chicken and rice with broccoli




I will be shopping on Thursday, so we will have a few more options at this point!  lol


FRIDAY:  KID'S CHOICE - Breaded chicken tenders (made from chicken breast & Italian crumbs) baked "fries" (potatoes cut into wedges with olive oil and garlic and baked in the oven) with green beans and baby carrots

SATURDAY:  Kids and I have dinner with my parents and sisters

SUNDAY:  Ham and potatoes in the Crockpot with corn (I don't put the cheese in with the ham and potatoes, but i do add corn, it's really good!  I also use Walmart or Aldi brand cream of mushroom)


                                                                   (photo credit)

BREAKFASTS:  I won't lie - we're down to oatmeal or Thomas' Everything Bagel thins w/ an egg.  Could be worse!! After Thursday there will be plenty to choose from :)

LUNCHES:  Leftovers.  Mac N Cheese w/ raw veggies.  Stir-fried veggies w/ rice. 

Have a blessed week!

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment