Sunday, January 29, 2012

Plan-Ahead Sunday



Oh my but it's been a week!  It's a cold, blustery Sunday here in the Detroit area and I seem to be coming down with something unsavory!  Body aches, sore throat, etc.  Could be worse!

COOKING:
Tonight I am going to make some chicken enchildadas.  Thanks to you, Pinterest

The original recipe comes from the Women Living Well blog, which I also love. 




I have most of the ingredients and what I don't have, I will simply improvise, LOL.  That's the name of the game here in my kitchen!  (I will post my entire menu plan in another post later today)

WORK:
I have a ton of paperwork to get through today for work as well - mostly just organizing into 'like' piles!  It's going to be a busy week ahead and anything I can do to make things easier I'll appreciate later in the week.

HOMESCHOOL:
I'm going to be lesson planning today as well.  Emily started French last week and she learned the alphabet, numbers 1-10, and 10 family words.  Thankfully her memory is better than mine!  We're taking two weeks to do an in-depth study of Ben Franklin (tomorrow starts our 2nd week) as well.  Last week was mostly basics and this week we will do a lap book, watch some videos, do a web-quest and who knows what else I will think of!  I will be posting our entire unit study with links on my homeschool blog later this week!

FASHION:
In "fashion" this week (hahahaha i jest!)  there was nothing notable!  I tried a new patterned manicure which was an epic fail.  This week I plan on doing a manicure I saw (where else?) Pinterest!  I think I have the polishes to get the desired effect:



I also have been searching for a dress to wear to my Goddaughter's wedding in June, in New Hampshire.  I'm going to keep searching and will share a few of my favorites next week.


READING:
I am trying to follow the 52 Books in 52 weeks challenge this year.  I will only have 3 books under my belt for January; however, 2 out of the 3 were almost 900 pages long!  So I will forgive myself and move on :)   I will be doing book reviews separately, so won't post them here.  I will say that two of the books are from Diane Gabaldon's Outlander series and they are a.ma.zing!!!   I read probably about 80% Christian books (or have for the past several  years) so this one has much more language, violence, and sex than the books I am accustomed to reading - but the story and the characters!  Oh my!  I plan to read the entire series!!

SPIRITUAL:
I finally finished the 7-week Bible study of James using Beth Moore's James: Mercy Triumphs


This is the first time I have used a Beth Moore study and I have to say, it was so incredible!  I want to do the Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only study next!  I hope to start this next month so it will coincide with Easter.

I guess that will about do it for today.  I need to get going on cleaning, menu-planning, lesson-making, paper-sorting, etc! 

Have a blessed day,

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment